Environmental Education Programs are available from the City of Santa Maria Utilities Department and include:
- Water Conservation Program School Visit—A one-hour-long presentation by the City Water Conservation Specialist about the water cycle, water resources, and the importance of water conservation.
- Landfill Recycling Tours—Presents information about recycling and about landfill and household hazardous waste collection facility operations.
- Recycling Truck Visits—Preschools, Grades K–2.
- Children’s Discovery Museum Storm Water Exhibit—an interactive exhibit that teaches children and adults about stormwater runoff and how it affects the groundwater supply. The museum and exhibit are located at 705 S. McClelland St., Santa Maria, California.
- NHIS Fact Sheet—an overview of commonly asked questions about the NHIS Program.
Contact us via e-mail or call the City of Santa Maria Utilities Department at (805) 925-0951 x7270 to schedule a visit.
For additional environmental information, visit the EPA Kids Page on Wetlands, Oceans & Watersheds.